Joel Litman is a respected financial expert, CFA, CPA, and author. He currently serves as CEO of Valens Research and Chief Investment Strategist of its consumer arm, Altimetry Research. He also is the creator of the popular monthly stock newsletter, Hidden Alpha, and a board member of COL Financial Group, a leading brokerage firm in Asia.
Litman is an expert in forensic accounting, financial analysis, and valuation. He revolutionized and introduced a unique analysis system called Uniform Accounting which considers hidden assets and liabilities, off-balance sheet items, and non-operating income and expenses. Litman’s approach uncovers inconsistencies between a company’s reported financial statements and actual economic performance. His insights go beyond conventional methods and garnered recognition from CNBC, Barron’s, Institutional Investor, and Forbes.
💡 Interested In Litman’s Latest Prediction? Learn More About His #1 Stock Pick And Why He Recommends You Invest In Natural Gas Today. 💡
Moreover, Litman’s expertise earned him invitations to speak at prestigious institutions, including the Marine Corps War College, the FBI Nationwide Forensics Conference, the U.S. Pentagon, and the world’s top CFA societies. He has also taught or guest-lectured at Harvard Business School, U Chicago Booth, Wharton, LBS, and SAIF Jiao Tong.
In addition, Litman helped build Credit Suisse’s HOLT University and the Center for S.E.V. and MBA Concentration at DePaul University.
As an author, Litman co-authored the acclaimed book “DRIVEN: Business Strategy, Human Actions, and the Creation of Wealth” in 2007. He has also contributed to publications like Harvard Business Review, SeekingAlpha, Bloomberg, and Forbes.
While there’s little info on Joel Litman’s early life, we know he graduated with a BS in Accounting from DePaul University and an MBA in Marketing, Finance, and Technology Ventures from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University.
Before founding Valens Research in 2009, his past employment included stints at American Express, Deloitte, Diamond Tech Partners (now PwC), and Credit Suisse.
Litman has had a lucrative career as a professor, author, and financial analyst. Learn more about Joel Litman’s net worth – and how to potentially profit by following his investing advice.
Joel Litman Review
Renowned for identifying undervalued stocks, Joel Litman is a top investment expert with a unique ability to uncover market opportunities that others miss. With his meticulous analysis of financial data, Joel’s investment research tools, including the Hidden Alpha newsletter and Altimeter research system, are unparalleled in predicting stock movements. He has a track record of accurately forecasting significant market events, including the 2008 and 2020 crashes, and identifying earnings opportunities and market distortions. For more details, check out our complete Joel Litman review.
- B.S. Accounting – DePaul University
- MBA Marketing, Finance, Technology Ventures – Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University
- President & CEO Valens Research and Chief Investment Strategist of Altimetry Research
- 2009 – Present
- A global corporate performance and investment research and analytics firm.
- Advises institutional investors in equities, corporate credit, and macroeconomic strategy.
- Pioneered Uniform Accounting, which considers hidden assets and liabilities, off-balance sheet items, and non-operating income and expenses.
- Uncovers inconsistencies between a company’s reported financial statements and its actual economic performance.
- Altimetry Research is the consumer arm of Valens Research and a boutique financial research and publishing firm providing individual investors with unique, unbiased investment recommendations and analytics.
- Hidden Alpha newsletter is under the Altimetry Research umbrella.
- Emory & Henry College
- Jan 2021 – Present
- Hult International Business School
- 2008 – Present
- An FT and Economist top-ranked international MBA program
- Teaches Business Strategy, Performance Measurement, Strategic Valuation
- DePaul University
- 1998 – Present
- Clinical Professor of Business Strategy
- Helped build the Center for S.E.V. and MBA Concentration at the Driehaus College of Commerce at DePaul University
- Played an instrumental role in building Credit Suisse’s HOLT University and the Center for S.E.V.
- Taught or guest-lectured at several top schools, such as Harvard Business School, U Chicago Booth, Wharton, LBS, and SAIF Jiao Tong.
- Spoken at prestigious institutions, including the Marine Corps War College, the FBI Nationwide Forensics Conference, and the U.S. Pentagon.
- Also has spoken at the world’s top CFA societies.
- Creator of the popular monthly stock newsletter, Hidden Alpha.
- DRIVEN: Business Strategy, Human Actions, and the Creation of Wealth
- Emphasizes the importance of understanding the true value of a business, which is often hidden by accounting tricks or manipulation.
- Provides a framework to identify the critical drivers of value and assess the management team’s ability to execute a successful strategy.
- Delves into the psychology of investors and how their emotions can impact investment decisions, leading to missed opportunities or disastrous outcomes.
- Has contributed to Harvard Business Review, SeekingAlpha, Bloomberg, and Forbes
“Joel Litman’s forensic-based research has brought me significant gains in my portfolio. Some of the stock ideas are really incredible with huge upside, and long before the rest of the Street sees it.”- Matt Rakowski, a former head of credit at Goldman Sachs
💡 According to Joel Litman, there’s no better time to invest in natural gas. Check out his #1 stock pick for investing in the fuel of the future. 💡